I am so excited to tell you that I have been nominated for a Liebster Award!
What is the Liebster Award you ask? To put it simply, the Liebster Award is an award that is by bloggers, for bloggers. It’s passed from person to person to encourage connection and support within our writing community, and to aid in the discovery of new and upcoming bloggers.
I started my blog two years ago – doesn’t time fly! However I didn’t start blogging consistently until the end of last year. My journey through the blogosphere, albeit inconsistent at times, has been nothing short of amazing. I have learned so much about myself and have had the opportunity to connect with so many amazing individuals. The blogging community are among the most supportive that you will ever find – rife with creative, inspiring and helpful individuals. It is wonderful. I guess that’s what the Liebster award is all about – supporting and uplifting our peers and embracing the inter-connectivity that the blogging world brings.
I was nominated by the amazing Carly Cochrane! Thank you so much Carly! I am absolutely delighted to be part of the group of people she nominated. While you’re here, you should check out Carly’s fantastic blog. She creates authentic and interesting content about a range topics. See below for the link to Carly’s blog
I am still getting to grips with this whole blogging thing, so receiving this nomination has given me the encouragement that I needed to keep going!
Let the fun begin
If you’re new to the blogging world or are simply unfamiliar with the Liebster Award, then you are probably wondering how it all works. The Liebster award works in 7 simple steps
- Display the award on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you and put their link on your blog
- Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself
- Answer all 11 questions that the blogger gave you
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers for this award and notify them of this
- Give the nominees 11 questions to answer
So why am I passionate about blogging?
I have always loved to write. As a child, I used to spend a lot of my time writing short stories, poems and songs which I enjoyed sharing with friends and family – just as my children do now. However, somewhere during the course of a traditional education, I absorbed the notion that writing was not the way to earn a living. Call it societal pressure and expectations; I became convinced that you had to focus solely on having a ‘proper’ job and work for and with big companies. Focusing on other “more conventional” pursuits, my writing took a back seat. Slowly, my short stories and poems became few and far between, eventually becoming a distance memory.
In September 2014, whilst on maternity leave. I started my first blog. The reason you ask? Well if I am honest, I started blogging on a whim. I am by nature, an extrovert, an ENFP to be more specific (Myers Briggs anyone?), so being at home for long periods of time was a bit of an adjustment for me at first. Blogging was something that I thought would keep me energized, focused and entertained during my downtime. But as soon as I hit publish on my first post I felt as if this is where I should have been all along. I felt as if I had come home.
Which brings me to today..
I am passionate about blogging because it provides me with an opportunity to express what I think about life, be a source of information and create a brand for myself that is authentic to me. But most importantly, it is because blogging is something that I genuinely love to do.
10 Random facts About me
- I love to dance and sing and once auditioned for the X Factor
- I used to do karate – #don’t mess with me
- Hablo poco español
- I am of Yoruba decent – Omo Naija
- My favourite movie is Coming to America ‘she’s your queen to be!’
- My favourite book is The Seat of the Soul by Gary Zukav
- My favourite food is ‘Pizza’.
- I am kind of obsessed with herbal tea – Echinacea being my fave
- I have a really hard time staying awake while watching films/TV
- I have 4 siblings
- What are the best and worst purchases you have ever made?
My best are probably my books (knowledge is power). My worst are probably all those veggie pizzas and supermalts I’ve binged on in the past couple years. Great for the tongue, not so good on the waistline lol.
2. What weird food combinations do you really enjoy?
Hot sauce on toast – who needs butter?
3. What is your most used emoji?
That’s easy, my beloved Green heart emoji
4. If you could give your younger self one piece of advice, what would it be?
It’s a toss up between ‘it’s okay to say no’ ‘stop oversharing and look within’ and ‘know your worth’!
5. What’s the funniest lie you’ve told to get yourself out of trouble?
Hmmm… I pulled a Shaggy and said ‘it wasn’t me’
6. What are your red flags on a date?
People that are rude to the waiters, cleaners etc.
7. When you’re having a bad day what things do you do to make yourself feel better?
A hot bath with salts, essential oils, rose petals and candles makes everything better
8. What is the weirdest scar you have and how did you get it?
I have a small scar on my leg from the time when I fell in a bush – as you do
9. If you could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be?
A comfy (and hugely over-sized) t-shirt, headphones, an afrobeats playlist, a pen and a notepad
10. What has been the best day of your life so far?
The day I married my best friend
11. What has been your most embarrassing moment?
I get embarrassed when think back to times when I made poor decisions and choices.
- Johnny the travel connoisseur
- Cherishing Flo
- Ornella Verde
My Questions for you
- If you could have one superpower, which one would choose?
- Do you text more or call more? Why?
- If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?
- What is your zodiac sign?
- What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever worn?
- What’s the most ridiculous fact you know?
- What was your favourite TV show growing up
- Where do you find meaning in your life?
- What’s your favourite way to waste time?
- What is something that is popular now that annoys you?
- What’s your favourite season? Why?